Monday 10 July 2017

New Year Resolutions week #27: Last week at work - woohoo !


This week's roundup will be a short one because last week was so manic, I didn't get a chance to write the roundup until Tuesday night ! I'm now over-the-moon to be on holiday though. This morning is the first morning that I didn't need to get up and I woke up at ... 10am !! That's unheard of !

1. Get Fit(bitting) !
Now that I'm back into the holidays, I'll start synchronising again. From keeping check on my wrist, I've been pretty close to 10k steps every day though.


2. Get cooking bookmarked recipes ! 
I've been cooking (we have to eat, however busy I am !) but I've had no time for blogging the recipes so I need to catch up. I did manage to get one recipe post up - Oblande, a sweet treat from my Serbian-themed Kitchen Trotter box. Most of the meals on the week's menu plan are bookmarked recipes though, so look out for a bumper selection next week !

3. Get geocaching !
No geocaching but we did take part in an orienteering treasure hunt around town, which was very similar. I also retrieved a geocache that I'd hidden a few months ago but that was refused because it's too close to another one (on the opposite side of the canal though!).

4. Get comping !
No wins yet this month but there's still time.

2017 wins :
January : 4 wins - £20 shopping voucher, Mr Lee's noodles, Ambrosia trifle glasses, set of 5 books
 February : 1 win - tea & personalised mug (prize for Galina)
March - 1 win - a Bear Grylls adventure book
 April - 4 wins - a colouring bundle, And Then We Ran book, Aram book, 6 months supply of Hairburst vitamins
May - 1 win - £100 John Lewis voucher
June- 1 win -£10 Lovetoshop voucher
July -


5. Get reading !
My reviews are now live for Skylarking by Kate Mildenhall and Me, Myself and Them by Dan Mooney. I'm still reading The Darkest Room by Johan Theorin, but I'm getting close to the end now - can't wait to see how it all draws together.

6. Get FLYing !
The dining room area and desk space in the hall had a good tidy-up, ahead of the French nationality investigation (see below). Next stop is the kitchen - I can barely see the table for all the things that are there waiting to be reviewed, used or find a permanent home. Definitely time for a clearout !

8. Get bloggy housekeeping !
My first task was clearing my blacklog of emails and that's done - I finally replied to everything and got my emails down from 150-odd to 10 ! :) Next job - blog draft posts. They're back up to 408 but I'll be working through them in the next few weeks.


9. Get French !
We had the "investigation" at our home - not as bad as I expected. It turns out, the woman is from the police ! She wanted my entire history of addresses, school (starting at infant school !), work, as well as that of my parents, siblings, husband, parents-in-law, sister-in-law, her kids and husband, his first wife and kids from his first marriage, places we'd travelled to abroad, any organisations or trade unions I belong to, ... As long as none of the people in my entourage have a dodgy past (or present), then it should all go through ok and fairly swiftly, so I can expect a phone call to go and sign the paperwork in .. oh ... about six months ! (I kid you not, those were her exact words !)

What about you? Did you set yourself any targets, challenges or new year's resolutions this year? How are they going? 

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your holiday, they never last long enough, I set new years resolutions to quit smoking but didn't actually do it but with three children to think of I really am going to quit xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's never too late to start ... or to stop ! :)

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a long morning in bed. And a bit flabbergasted for so many questions about family. I remember being asked questions about grandparents' dates of weddings for the citizenship, but not about siblings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was certainly thorough - the problem is, if, for example, the ex-wife of my sister-in-law has something that rings alarm bells, it can block my application - even if I've never met her !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...