Friday 23 June 2017

What's Cooking at The Madhouse? menu plan 23/6


All those things that have had me running around like a headless chicken for the last few weeks are now behind me - three school trips, after-school meetings, end of term and end of year reports, the visit from the Norwegian teacher exchange group, ... That means that I can start winding down into holiday mood and start working through my bookmarked recipes again ! I've got lots of dessert and sweet treat recipes to make from old Kitchen Trotter boxes so I'm going to add a list at the end of my menu plan so that I have inspiration when I want to make something. That's more of an ongoing project over the coming months though, so I won't make them all this week !

Saturday

lunch - it's that time of week again ... McDonald's ! Actually we've defected to Burger King lately and went to KFC last week but it's the same idea.

dinner - lentil & bacon stew

Sunday

lunch - probably BBQ, if not, it'll be roast dinner.

dinner - leftovers from lunch

Monday 

dinner - Bokkeumbap, a Korean stir fry

Tuesday 

dinner - rice filled spinach rolls, a Serbian recipe

Wednesday 

lunch - veggie pakoras, meatballs (for the kids who probably won't eat the pakoras !), raita and rice

dinner - I have a recipe for homemade deep pan pizza, cooked in a frying pan (not sure it will work but I'll give it a try !)

Thursday 

dinner - homemade gravlax, with fresh bread (time to dig out the bread machine !)

Friday  

dinner - I think there will be a fridge full of leftovers, but if not pasta with a bacon/tomato sauce

Baking projects :

tiricche - Sardinian pastry, filled with fig jam and rolled into horseshoes
formagelle, small Sardinian cheese tarts sweetened with honey, candied orange and raisins
papassini - moist raisin-dotted cookies, from Sardinia again
on to Spain - turron nougat cream dessert
oblande - Serbian wafer dessert
Pan Masala Paneer
Piparkakku - gingerbread type biscuits from Finland - and a cream dessert to go with them

***Click on my Menu Plans tag to see all my other weekly menu plan blogposts.***

Join in with the weekly meal plan bloghop !


3 comments:

  1. I'm glad things have calmed down a bit now. You've had a busy time of it. The pizza sounds interesting. Good luck. I love the sound of all the baking projects x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so ready for the holidays and am really looking forward to doing nothing this weekend ! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow your baking sounds amazing, you will be busy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...