Thursday 2 March 2017

#KitchenClearout recipe : Sticky Cornflake Tart


As I told you when I shared my Cornflake Cake experiment recipes (and I still really need to try the Mars Bar version !), after finding an out-of-date box of Special K flakes in the back of the cupboard, I went googling for recipes to use them up. I stumbled across a recipe for Cornflake Tart on the LittleStuff blog, in her section on old school dinner recipes. I don't remember eating this at school but it did sound delicious (as did her recipe for school dinner pink custard - remember that ?!) so we gave it a try and ... it didn't even last the afternoon ! It was so popular that I'll be making another one to finish off the box of Special K in fact.

I followed her recipe to the letter, so head on over to her blog to find it. It's great because it uses nothing but store cupboard basics (and I happened to have a very gooey tin of golden syrup that needed using up too !).


Make the pastry.


Use to line a flan tin.


Roll the rolling pin over the top to trim off the excess pastry.


Blind bake with baking beans.


Heat the butter, sugar and golden syrup.


Stir in the cornflakes.


Take the pie crust out of the oven.


Spread with red jam. 


Press the cornflake mix on top and pop back in the oven for five minutes.

Utterly delicious cold or it can also be eaten hot with custard apparently. Huge thanks to LittleStuff for the recipe.


Adding to the #KitchenClearout linky as it used up a jar of jam, a tin of golden syrup and a box of stale cornflakes.

6 comments:

  1. interesting idea, we have been making crispy buns to use up all the Christmas chocolate we still have

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leftover chocolate? Is there such a thing?! lol

      Delete
  2. Ahh! I remember Cornflake tart from school dinners. What a blast from the past. I didn't realise it was so simple to make. I might have to give it a go and introduce my girls to it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sound delicious I'm going to try it

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...