Monday 29 June 2015

#KitchenClearout Maggi So Juicy Oriental Soy & Garlic Chicken


When I started the #KitchenClearout linky, the main idea was to get through my tin of seasoning sachets, many of which had been received in Degustaboxes or as free samples and that had flavours that I wasn't sure would appeal to us. They ended up lingering in the back of the cupboard taking up space so I decided to work my way through them. This week, we decided to try out the pack of  Maggi So Juicy Oriental Soy & Garlic Chicken. I'm not sure why but this one didn't really sound like it would work to me.


The pack instructions say to put four chicken breasts in the enclosed cooking bag along with the contents of the sachet. I decided to use three turkey breasts and threw in a few carrots and a big onion, peeled and chopped, to add some variety.


After sealing the bag with the blue tie, I gave it all a good shake then put it in a dish and popped it in the oven, leaving it to get on with it for 45 minutes. The bag puffs up so needs to go on the lowest shelf in the oven.


I tipped the contents of the bag out into the dish and broke apart all the turkey pieces that had congealed together into one lump. They were nicely cooked and, to my surprise, nicely browned too. The carrots and onions were perfectly cooked and worked really well with the meat and sauce.


It was actually nicer than I expected but was slightly bland so I sprinkled some chilli flakes and lime pepper on top to give it a bit of zing. Served with a sachet of microwavable rice, it was a great option for a quick midweek meal when we were in a rush.


Fancy having a look to see what's lurking in the back of your larder/freezer/fridge/spice rack? Join in with this month's #KitchenClearout linkie !

1 comment:

  1. God only knows what's lurking at the back of our cupboard, although I've only been signed up to Degustabox for a relatively short time, so not enough time for seasoning sachets to build up. Bbq sauce on the other hand...

    These Maggi things intrigue me -- shame it was a little bland.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...