Wednesday 11 March 2015

How old is your #oldestspice ?


As you may have noticed yesterday, I've started a #KitchenClearout linky to try to inspire us all (especially myself) to clear out our kitchen cupboards and use up or throw away (while recording for posterity !) all the things that have been lurking in there for way too long.

With perfect timing, I was emailed about a competition that artisan spice brand Steenbergs are running this month to find the oldest spice in our store cupboards. The oldest jar of spice will win the lucky owner £50 worth of spices from Steenbergs.

Well, I had a rummage and managed to unearth this dinosaur - some celery salt with a best before date of December 2000 ! Needless to say, after taking a photo it went straight in the bin ! We had a good giggle looking through and I'll check again during the week to see if I can find anything even older.

If you want to win Steenberg's giveaway, there's some stifff competition though. Just quickly looking through their twitter feed, I can see some people are even worse than me - February 1984 (garam masala), August 1993 (marjoram), March 1998 (fenugreek), December 1995 (chilli) ... We're a nation of kitchen hoarders !

Details of the competition can be found on Steenberg's twitter feed with the hashtag #oldestspice and if you do take part, make sure you link up your entries to my #KitchenClearout linkie too (or just leave a comment if you're tweeting).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...