Monday 2 June 2014

#ReadCookEat recipe : Smoked Salmon Pâté (inspired by Back To Blackbrick)


My personal challenge to take part in the #ReadCookEat link-up for every single book I finish continues with Back to Blackbrick by Sarah Moore Fitzgerald. (Click through to read my review of Back to Blackbrick )

There's not a great deal of cooking or foodie references in the book but, when young Cosmo wants to help slow down his grandad's slide into Alzheimers, he does some research online and discovers that eating oily fish could be helpful. As a result, he decides to introduce smoked salmon into his diet :
"I made smoked salmon pâté from a recipe I got on the internet, with lemon juice and pepper. It took me ages. 'God bless the information age,' said my grandad. He said that it was pretty much the most delicious thing he'd tasted in his whole life."

Well, there was my inspiration !
Smoked Salmon Pâté (inspired by Back To Blackbrick)

3 tbsp cream cheese
3 tbsp crème fraîche
4 slices smoked salmon
juice & zest of ½ lemon
a generous twist of freshly ground black Pepper
pinch of smoked paprika


Blitz the salmon with a stick blender. Mix in the other ingredients by hand until everything is well blended.


Spread on bread or crispbread and serve with capers and baby cornichon gherkins.
I'm linking up with the #ReadCookEat challenge, over at Chez Maximka and Chris - Cooking Around The World.



Other blogposts you may be interested in :

5 comments:

  1. Oh, that sounds yummy indeed! The granddad is right, it's a splendid pate. Thank you, Cheryl, for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds very good to me, too. I so much wonder how it tastes that I am very much tempted to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It literally only takes a couple of minutes to prepare so we'll definitely be making it again ! :)

      Delete
  3. I have always wanted to try this, looks lovely and easy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there are more complex recipes available but this one works just fine ! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...