Thursday 5 December 2013

Walkers Shortbread review


Walkers recently sent us through a lovely hamper of their goodies for us to try out. Now, I have to admit, I didn't know shortbread came in so many different varieties.


 We discovered Pure Butter Shortbread Fingers, Petticoat Tails, Triangles, Rounders and Highlanders. On the website, they even have incredibly cute Scottie Dog shaped shortbread biscuits on offer. I also discovered that the Walker family have been making shortbread since 1898, when their great grandfather, Joseph Walker, started out with the mission "to bake the world's finest shortbread" ! To this day, they still use the original recipes to create their shortbreads, biscuits, cakes and oatcakes, which is rather impressive.


We started off by cracking open a box of Shortbread Fingers. I was impressed to see that they come in three sealed packs inside the box, which helps keep them fresh (and also helps to stop you pigging out on the whole packet because they are very moreish !). I knew that the grown-ups would like them but I wasn't sure what the kids would think, as they usually go for chocolate covered biscuits, if given the choice. Well, they absolutely loved them, which just goes to show that they are nothing like the inferior quality shortbread-style plain biscuits that always get left until last in the family boxes of biscuits !


Walkers Shortbread is exactly how you imagine shortbread should be. It has the perfect crumbly texture and a rich buttery taste that means it doesn't taste dry or bland. I discovered on the website that you can also buy vanilla, butterscotch, lemon, raspberry, ginger, chocolate chip, almond or even whisky flavoured shortbread, but I have to say, I absolutely adore the pure unadulterated version.

The biscuits are available in everyday cello-packs, boxes, assortment tins or even special shaped tins that would make great Christmas gifts. I'll be honest, before this review, I always thought shortbread was quite bland, but I've definitely been proved wrong !

star rating : 4.5/5

for more information : http://www.walkersshortbread.com/uk/

Disclosure : We received a selection of Walkers products in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

Olives Et Al Pistou Basil & Garlic Olives review

3 comments:

  1. Seems to be a good product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this brand of shortbread and always buy it for Christmas - it is tradition in our family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot more to shortbread than I thought.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...