Wednesday 4 December 2013

The twelve days of Christmas shopping at myhigh.st


We're into December which means everyone is looking for the perfect Christmas gifts for their nearest and dearest. In an ideal world, we'd all support small local businesses, hunting out unique hand-made or artisanally produced goods, rather than mass-produced products from multinational chains, but let's be honest - who has the time? Well, I've been asked to take part in a festive blogger challenge for MyHigh.St, an online shopping hub that brings together a huge number of independent retailers so that you get the convenience of shopping online, with lots of things in one place, but at the same time you get the feel good factor of knowing that you are supporting small, independent businesses. They have loads of lovely foodie, craft and interiors pressie ideas and having a quick browse at the products on offer inspired me to burst into song to share my Twelve Days of Christmas shopping wishlist with you!

On the first day of Christmas, I hope my true love will give to me :


12 Drummers Drumming - this gorgeous Almond drum dye leather jacket from Sandwich. I love the colour and the timeless cut.


11 Pipers Piping - a 50cm piping bag so that I can perfect my cupcake decorating skills in the kitchen. (£5.99 from SL Corden & Sons)


10 Lords-a-Leaping - this Star Lord comic from way back in 1978, when I was still wearing knee high white socks and pink gingham school summer dresses, is a pure slice of retro nostalgia. (£1 from R&R Books)


9 Ladies Dancing - I love this Solar Powered Dancing Flower because it reminds me of one that we used to have when I was a kid. That one used to boogie along to music if you put it next to the hifi, but this one responds to light. Normal daylight and artificial fluorescent light make the flip flaps move, but to really get them flapping they like strong direct sunlight ! (£2.49 from Photosprint & Computers Plus)


8 Maids-a-Milking - another trip down memory lane with this 2kg box of Barratt's Milk Gums (from Ye Olde Sweet Shoppe - £17.99)


7 Swans-a-Swimming - this stone carved with swan crest (£75 from No21 Interiors of Shepton Mallet) would add a touch of Downton Abbey chic to our patio


6 Geese-a-Laying - Nigella gave them a cult folllowing but I've yet to try them so I fancy sampling these goose fat roast potatoes from Cook - Wells (£1.99, serves 1-2).


5 Gold Rings - they have far more than five on offer but here's my favourite : Pilgrim, leaves adjustable ring, with grey crystal/gold from Artyfax of Cromer (£29.99)


4 Colly Birds - this Nomads Bird Print T-shirt from Make (£26.99) features a group of birds but I have no idea if they're colly birds or not because I don't know what they are - I always thought it was calling birds !


3 French Hens - I love this Emma Bridgewater Blue Hen Pasta Bowl from Artyfax of Cromer (£19.95) which is both funky and functional.


2 Turtle Doves - Little Gems Rock & Crystal Shop have several turtle carvings which are very cute.


And a Partridge in a Pear Tree - this Pairs in Pears game from Junior Toys of Wells would allow you to make the word partridge (£15.99) - you can also see our review of Pairs in Pears here.

I was very impressed with how wide the range of products is and how the search engine manages to come up with gift ideas for even the most bizarre words !

for more information : http://myhigh.st/

Disclosure : This is my entry for the myhigh.st Christmas blogger competition.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Our special personalised advent calendar from Snapajack

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...