Thursday 5 December 2013

Great British Chefs Cooking With Kids app review

As you know if you're a regular reader of my blog, I love cooking with the kids, so when I was asked to check out a new free app, Great British Chefs Cooking With Kids (in association with Tesco), I jumped at the chance. I went off to look at the list of recipes in the kids' section and was pleasantly surprised to see that the app encourages you to create real family dishes rather than food just targetting kids. That's not to say that there aren't some real kid-friendly options on there - the Madhouse Mini-Testers desperately want to try the Exploding Toffee Apples with popping candy ! - but there are also meals that the whole family, not just the kids, will enjoy.


After having a look through, I decided to try out the recipe for Cheesy Chicken Casserole by Shaun Hill. It's actually more of a pasta bake, which I know the kids love, but it has a few twists on my usual recipe so I was keen to see what we'd think. Juliette helped with the food prep.



You can see the complete recipe on the app or the Great British Chefs website but basically, you need pasta, chicken, mushrooms and broccoli.


Juliette helped out again with chopping up the mushrooms.


I decided to layer it all so that all the ingredients would be evenly scattered throughout.


The mixture of chicken stock, milk, crème fraîche and herbs for the sauce worked really well.


And the cheesy crispy crumb topping got a unanimous thumbs up too.

There are loads of other recipes that I want to try out, including several that are perfect for using up the inevitable leftover turkey after Christmas. The kids love the fact that they can scroll through the recipes and chose something that they can help me prepare for the whole family's dinner too.


Disclosure : I received payment to cover the cost of ingredients, in order to write an honest review of the app.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :

Recipe : Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...