Wednesday 24 July 2013

Rachel's Organic Low Fat Mango Yogurt review


Rachel's recently sent me through some of their new mango yogurt to try out. Six big 450g pots of it in fact ! They have sent me through so many utterly delicious-sounding recipes to use it in, including the Mango & Passion Fruit Cake and the Mango, Passion Fruit & Raspberry Roulade recipes that I have already shared with you (and if you like the sound of those, fear not - there are more to come !), that I thought I'd be using loads of it in cakes and desserts. Especially as the label makes it sound so virtuous and good for you - it's organic, low fat and bio live - that I thought it couldn't possibly be that tasty straight from the pot. Well, how far off the mark was I with that one?! It's utterly delicious and three of the pots have already disappeared from the fridge !


It's really smooth and creamy with visible lumps of mango in it that give it a lovely texture. Tastewise, it has a lovely fresh mango flavour that is perfect as a light dessert on a boiling hot day. It tasted really natural and authentic so I was intrigued and went to check out the ingredients list. I was pleasantly surprised at how short it is - organic low fat yogurt, organic sugar, organic mango (3.9%), organic mango puree (2.3%), organic rice starch, natural flavouring, organic concentrated lemon juice. That's where the natural mango flavour comes from then.

A 100g serving contains 93 calories, 4.3g of protein, 15.3g of carbs (of which 14.9g sugar), 1.7g of fat (of which 1g saturates), 0.1g of fibre and 0.06g of sodium. That's quite a lot of sugar but it's still a lower fat and healthier alternative to ice cream and other calorie laden desserts and it tastes so lovely that you won't mind making the swap.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £1.75 for 450g

for more information : http://www.rachelsorganic.co.uk

Disclosure : I received some of Rachel's new yogurt in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

5 comments:

  1. Just put some of this on my supermarket order following this review. Sounds yummy :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all loved this yogurt as well. I have added a link to your review on my post, hope you don't mind

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...