Sunday 30 June 2013

Sunday weigh-in : I got the power !



Last week was the week from hell weight-loss wise. Despite being good in terms of food and exercise, I put on almost a kilo and made my badges go back to more to lose than lost. I was feeling disheartened and not in control so I decided to start the SlimPod all over again. I still don't really understand how it works its magic but I did realise that, right back in the beginning, my ultimate goal was to lose about 10 kilos and get down to anything in the 70's. Well, now that I've achieved that, was my brain telling me "job well done, you can stop losing weight now?".

So I remembered what the lovely Sandra at Thinking Slimmer said about the importance of goals and made some new ones. I made a goal map and put it as my wallpaper so I see it every time I turn on my computer. I got a beautiful hardbacked journal from Hallmark and made it into my SlimPod Journal. I wrote down my positives on a daily basis and set definite goals - quite scary because you don't want to aim too high and set yourself up for a series of failures but you don't want to aim too low and not give yourself that motivation either. I listened to the voice of the lovely Trevor every day without fail.

And despite eating three chocolates in the Belgian chocolate shop yesterday (walking past box after box of free chocolates would test the willpower of a saint !) and Madhouse Daddy giving me two mini pots of Haagen Dazs this week, I achieved everything I set out to achieve. I feel back in control - time for round 2 so bring it on !


Positives of the week

- I did my new fitness DVD twice and each time, got a bit further through the workouts.

- I've been eating lots of salad and 300-calorie Tasty Little Numbers pots (which is why I got away with the chocolate and ice cream !)

- I've gone back to picking water instead of diet coke - it makes no difference to the calories but apparently helps with not craving sugar and sweet things so much.

- Above all, my smile is back and I'm back to believing that I can do this. I hadn't realised that I'd stopped believing until I started listening to the SlimPod again and feeling different !

- My badges have gone back to the right side of the half way mark. Last week was a sob-inducing 28lb lost/29lb to go but this weeks are - tada ! - 27lb to go/30lb lost

This week's targets 

Last week's target was : Lose what I put on this week. Do the Total Cardio Burn workout at least twice (I'll be aiming to build up to alternate days eventually.) - ACHIEVED

This week's target is :  - Get back to my lucky number of 77.7kg.

Longer-term targets : Ultimately to hit the 60's.

START WEIGHT : 91.9kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 66kg
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 79.2kg
WEIGHT TODAY : 78.4g
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  13.7kg
STILL TO GO : 12.6kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : -800g 

Feel free to add your weightloss posts to our weekly linkie - it's great to see how everyone else has been getting on and give each other support and encouragement :) 






Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods


4 comments:

  1. Fantastic week, very well done. Walking past boxes of chocolates takes real willpower. Good luck reaching 77.7kg next week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think goals are super important! well done you on the exercise DVD's i cant get my head round them x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're the easiest way (if not the only way) to squeeze in some exercise with 3 kids in the house ! lol

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...