Saturday 13 April 2013

Aldi's Mamia Sensitive Baby Wipes review


As a big boy of 3, Pierre doesn't wear nappies any more so our consumption of baby wet wipes has drastically reduced. I actually stopped buying them for a while when we stopped buying nappies, then I realised how many other things I use them for. Wiping chocolatey or sticky hands and faces, wiping down grubby placemats, taking to the park for quick clean-ups after playing in the mud or using their less than pristine toilets, wiping felt tip off the door, wiping mud off shoes ... I could go on ! I was therefore very pleased to received a pack of Mamia Sensitive wipes from Aldi to review. I've tried some of Aldi's Christmas and food ranges here on the blog but don't know much at all about their baby range so I was keen to see what we'd think.


I started off using them to clean up Pierre after he'd been eating an Easter egg and got almost as much on his fingers and face as in his mouth ! If I hadn't seen the pack, I'd never have been able to tell the difference between these and the Pampers or Huggies wipes I've used in the past. They do the job perfectly and have just the right degree of wetness.

Then I gave them a more difficult job to tackle. I told you last week that Saturday night has become "beauty parlour night" here at The Madhouse with Sophie and Juliette excitedly rummaging through my drawer of beauty products to decide what they want to try out - nail stickers or varnish and face masks seem to be the most popular at the moment ! Juliette wanted to join in and smothered her face with a Mudd Mask, then used the Mamia wipes to clean it off. They again did the job perfectly and felt soft, not scratchy.

The wipes are fragrance free and designed for baby's sensitive skin (although there is a perfumed variety available too). I was very impressed with the quality of the wipes, and even more so when I checked the price. They retail at 79p making them just under 1p each. That's a great money saver because wipes and nappies account for a huge part of the weekly shopping budget during baby's early years.

star rating : 5/5

RRP : 79p for 80 wipes


Disclosure : I received some wipes in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :


New research on eggs during pregnancy and weaning

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...