Saturday 13 October 2012

WeightWatchers Sicilian Lemon & Elderflower Cordial review


Having tried both WeightWatchers Sicilian Lemonade and WeightWatchers Italian Red Grape & Pomegranate Cordial and loved both of them, I came to their Sicilian Lemon & Elderflower Cordial with very high expectations. I have to say I wasn't disappointed - just like the other two drinks, I'd never have guessed it was a low calorie, Weightwatchers version if I hadn't read the label.

Elderflower is a bit of an acquired taste and the lemon adds a slight acidity and tartness that the Madhouse Mini-testers didn't like. All the more for me ! The slightly tangy flavour (which is very hard to define) is very refreshing served with very cold water or, even better, over ice. The only other elderflower flavoured cordials I've tried are the bottlegreen ones, which are much more syrupy and have a more intense flavour but which are similar. For a lo-cal version - it has a zero ProPoints value and only 3 calories per serving - the WeightWatchers version is not bad at all.

For a grown up flavoured squash and a lovely refreshing drink, it's perfect, not to mention guilt-free.

star rating : 4/5

RRP : £1.69 for 1 litre


Disclosure : I have been given a year's membership to Weight Watchers Online and receive monthly hampers of products in return for honest reviews.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

4 comments:

  1. This cordial sounds lovely I will look out for it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I can tell you from personal experience that weight loss is best when you do it the old fashioned way, eat less and exercise more! I lost 5 stone and I'm now a healthy weight for my age and height :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I just found your blog via Google, and thought that I might as well add that--as of last week, at least--the Weight Watchers Sicilian Lemon & Elderflower Cordial [1L] variant is on offer at Home Bargains for the astonishing price of twenty-five pence :O

    I really do hope that it is a regular lime, if you'll pardon the pun :D

    Thank you for the review,

    ChunkyLaFunga.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's a bargain ! Well spotted and thanks for sharing :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...