Saturday 13 October 2012

Thirst Pockets Select-A-Size review

Thirst Pockets

I was recently contacted to see if I'd like to roadtest a new product from Thirst Pockets called Select-A-Size. Now, reviewing kitchen roll may not be very glamorous but living in a house with a variety of kids and pets, it's something we always use a lot of (as you can see in my earlier review of Thirst Pockets Multi Cloth) so I said sure, send some over !

Thirst Pockets Select-a-Size


The concept really appealed to my green ethics. Each sheet of kitchen roll has a perforation down the middle so you can take a half sheet if it's only a little spill that you need to clean up. That's saves wasting paper and also money because it's true that many times, I only use a small area of a sheet of kitchen roll to get the job done.

Thirst Pockets Select-a-Size

However, I think they've made a bit of an error of judgement. They've made the roll 50% bigger than usual - here you can see a roll of Thirst Pockets Select-A-Size on the left and a regular brand of kitchen roll on the right. If the unique selling point is cutting down on waste, allowing you choose a smaller half sheet, I can't see the logic of making the rolls bigger as it rather defeats the whole object.

It's a great idea but I hope they'll stop super-sizing the rolls. If you'd like to give  it a try, you can currently get a 50p off voucher on the Thirst Pockets website.

star rating : 3.5/5

RRP : £2.50 for 2 rolls

for more information : http://www.thirstpockets.co.uk/

Disclosure : I received a pack of Thirst Pockets Select-A-Size in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :


3 comments:

  1. Agreed. Half sheets are a great idea, but doubling the size of the roll defeats the object.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the saving option as well. Half sheets are a great idea! Every little bit helps.

    2dogs5catscrew@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this product but unfortunately I cannot find them in any supermarkets. Tesco and Morrisons now seem to have stopped stocking them. Have never seen them in Asda

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...