Saturday 13 October 2012

The “It Only Takes ONEMum” Meme

It Only Takes ONEMum Meme


This week has been so hectic, I haven't had a chance to spend much time on twitter or facebook at all, which is a real shame because I was hoping to keep tracks on the lovely Michelle from Mummy From The Heart and Jen from Jenography on their amazing ONEMums trip to Ethiopia. Luckily, there's a fabulous round-up of posts over on the Britmums blog so I've been catching up.

As a child of the 80's, as soon as I hear the word Ethiopia, I think of Bob Geldoff and Live Aid and the Band Aid single that still brings a lump to throat whenever I hear it (every single Christmas) because I remember all those atrocious photos of babies dying and people in a totally hopeless situation with no way out. One thing I've noticed through the #ONEMum posts that I've been reading is that the country has come a long way since then.

And that - in a nutshell - is what the trip set out to achieve. They don't want your money, they just want your voice. ONE is a non-partisan organization that fights extreme poverty and preventable disease by pressing political leaders to support smart programs that save lives. All they want is for us all to help spread the word about how much progress ONE have already helped bring about.

To help get the message out in a fun way, Clare over at Seasider In The City has come up with a rather creative “It Only Takes ONEMum” Meme. Usually I'd tag a few bloggers who I think might like to get involved but this time, I'll just invite every single one of you (that's you, if you've got a blog, stop trying to hide at the back !) to join in and add your posts to the linky over at Clare's blog.

You can also sign up to help support ONE on the little widget below.




OK, here's my little ONEMUMS Acrostic Poem

Only job in the world that's 24/7
Nevertheless most mums will say it's heaven
Every achievement is a great source of pride
Messy play and baking are fun when it's raining outside
Upsets and tantrums are all part of the ride
#Mumfails are common but at least we tried !
So add your voice, all over the world
ONEMUMS come together to get the message heard !


Follow the journey of Michelle, Jen and the rest of the team with the #ONEMums and #ONEMoms tags on twitter.

Other blogposts you may be interested in :


October 11th is the first ever Day of the Girl - get involved !



8 comments:

  1. Ooh I love that you made it into a rhyme! Thank you so much for joining in x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love that you rhymed yours. So clever and so true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant idea and I love the acrostic poem. Good to see prople coming together to blog about international issues. I'll spread the word too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh we need that as a slogan - #Mumsfails are common but at least we tried!

    Love it, Thanks Mich x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...