Sunday 21 October 2012

Sunday Weigh-in : Slimpodders of the world unite !


To all you young things reading this who don't remember The Smiths, the original version was :

Learn to love me
Assemble the ways
Now, today, tomorrow and always
My only weakness is a list of crimes
My only weakness is ... well, never mind, never mind
Oh, shoplifters of the world
Unite and take over

Well, change the word "shoplifters" to "Slimpodders" and I think that's actually pretty apt to everyone in the "trying to lose weight" gang. Our list of "crimes" is eating too much, eating the wrong things, not moving enough and beating ourselves up about the whole thing ! Time to unite and take over - well, take over our own destiny and state of mind anyway. And as for uniting, I'm really excited because some of my weightloss buddies will be joining me in the SlimPod adventure.

The lovely Sandra from Thinking Slimmer asked me to find some new recruits to join a SlimPod programme and I'm delighted to see that a couple of people from our merry band of bloggers have been selected. Add to that the Slimpod Club that is kicking off on twitter @ThinkingSlimmer on Tuesday night for any SlimPodders who need a quick boost and I'm really looking forward to seeing how we all get on over the next few weeks.

For this week, I lost another 1/2kg which takes me to 80.4kg, which means I'm really hopeful that I'll be starting with a 7 some time soon (totally amazing when I started with a 9 this time last year !). I've just used the NHS BMI checker and I've gone from 14 stone 5 and a BMI of 33.98 (obese) to ... ta-da ... 12 stone 9 and a BMI of 29.89 (overweight). That's the only figure that really counts. :)

START WEIGHT : 91.4kg
TARGET WEIGHT : 66kg
WEIGHT LAST WEEK  : 80.9kg
WEIGHT TODAY : 80.4kg
WEIGHT LOST SO FAR :  11kg
STILL TO GO : 14.4kg
CHANGE THIS WEEK : -0.5kg


Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter


 MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

The fab linky that Sarah created is back again this week so you can all add your blogposts again - and the amazing thing is, you can add it to any of the blogs featuring it and you'll show up on all of them. How cool is that ?! You'll also get loads of lovely comments to cheer you on or cheer you up, depending on how your week has been ! Good luck everyone - I look forward to reading your posts. (Ooh I can see three of you have posted already - time to go and see how you got on !)









Disclosure : I'm currently using a Thinking Slimmer SlimPod and a WeightWatchers Online subscription, in return for honest feedback. I also receive regular hampers of WeightWatchers products, and have also benefited from a one-month Jenny Craig trial.



19 comments:

  1. Well done, that's a great result and such excellent news that you're having such a positive impact on your health! Show us some before and during photos, bet your progress is really visible now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Cheryl, well done :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, wish i had the same motivation/dedication!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't take the credit - the Slimpod modifies your subsconscious so it all comes naturally (a bit like having hypnotherapy to stop smoking, I guess)

      Delete
  4. yay well done, and thanks for suggesting the thinking slimmer triall. I got accepted :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your progress - especially when you do so many food reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL That's the great thing with the SlimPod/WW combo - nothing is off limits so I'm certainly not depriving myself :)

      Delete
  6. Well done this week and thanks for suggesting Thinking Slimmer, can't wait to get started ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for you too - fingers crossed !! It can take 21 days for it to kick in though so don't panic if nothing happens straight away. When are you starting?

      Delete
  7. Well done you! I am craving junk food, but I will stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing I've learnt is to give in to your cravings. What's the smallest thing you can have for what you're craving ? Have a small hamburger or a Happy meal or whatever it is you're craving and it'll get it out of your system. If you let it fester, you'll give in to a Big Mac & large fries plus a McFlurry the next week !! lol

      Delete
  8. Big well done, Cheryl! I agree with you on treating yourself, life would be too boring if we were all virtuous and only ate muesli with low fat yogurt and carrot sticks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Especially with all the blogger cooking challenges !!

      Delete
  9. Definitely spurs me on to lose some weight,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to join in with our linky if you have a blog or just in the comments :)

      Delete
  10. Congrats on losing Cheryl, I'm really pleased for you. You've come so far, good luck for getting under 80kg, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...