Monday 1 October 2012

Scratch Map review


I don't know if just about everybody uses it or only the people I follow but one of the most popular apps that I have noticed people using on Facebook is the Trip Advisor app that allows you to mark all of the places you've visited in the world. It gives you a figure that relates to the percentage of the world that you've visited which is always fascinating (not to mention rather depressing !).


When Presents For Men asked if I'd like to review one of their products, this Scratch Map caught my eye. It's a similar idea to the facebook app but one that you can keep on the living room wall as opposed to your virtual Facebook wall !


You get a lovely big map that the older Madhouse Mini-testers were already looking at with great interest, oohing and aahing at the gold covering. When I told them it was like a scratch card and that we could scratch off the places that we've been to, they got even more excited.


The gold coating scratches off very easily and cleanly with a coin, revealing a green colour underneath and - we discovered when we got to London - a star for capital cities. It was a bit hard to locate specific areas of some countries because there are no cities or regions labelled, which would have been handy.

I thought we were quite a well-travelled family. We have family in France and England, plus we've been on family holidays to Turkey and Tunisia, but when you look at the tiny amount of the world that we've scratched off, it looks quite pathetic really ! I might have to scratch off the places I've been to by myself, before I was married and before the kids, so that I can scratch a bit more off !

Having looked at the information on the website, it's not all green underneath - just the bits that we've uncovered so far. It would be great to have the option of buying a specific area - for example Britain, the USA or Europe - so that you could uncover a greater proportion of the map.

star rating : 4/5

RRP : £14.99


Disclosure : We received a scratch map in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :

5 comments:

  1. Hi, thank you so much for reviewing this. I've been humming and aahhing about this for a Christmas present for my brother-in-law. It sounds perfect and just what I am looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a fab idea and would definitely consider it for my son at Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this - a great gift for the itchy-feeted members of my family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great gift idea! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...