Sunday 7 October 2012

Children in Need Baking Challenge #2 : Pudsey Chocolate Chip Cookies


I shared our Pudsey-fly Cakes recipe with you yesterday and today I'm back with the other half of our Children in Need challenge : Pudsey Chocolate Chip Cookies. Once again, it's all in the decorating so any recipe you have for cookies would work. We used a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe :

  • 115g butter, melted
  • 50g caster sugar
  • 110g soft brown sugar
  • few drops of vanilla extract
  • 1 egg
  • 120g chocolate chips of your choice
  • 155g plain flour
  • pinch of baking powder



Mix all the ingredients together to make a cookie dough.


Place widely spaced out dollops of dough on a greased baking sheets and cook in a moderate oven (180°C) for 10-12 minutes.


Remove delicately from the baking sheets with a fish slice and leave to cool.


Use some icing (we were using up the ready-to-use icing tubes but you can make your own by mixing a little lemon juice or water into some icing sugar) to stick two mini-cookies on for ears. We used WeightWatchers mini chocolate chip cookies but any brand would do, or you could make your own with tiny dollops of the cookie dough from above.



Add ready-to-roll white icing to create a bandage.


Finish off with tiny balls of coloured ready-to-roll icing and/or silver balls (we had some funky blue ones from Silver Spoon) to decorate the bandage and add an eye, nose and mouth.


Here's the one I made as a model.


And here are the ones that Juliette made all by herself. I think she did a fantastic job !

Disclosure : For participating in the Baking Mad Children in Need bloggers' challenge, I am compensated with a £10 donation in my name to Children in Need. I am also entered into a competition to win a hamper of baking goodies.



Other blogposts you may be interested in :

6 comments:

  1. What a fab display of cookies, well done! Aren't they cute?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was actually very impressed with how they came out, especially as the kids did the decorating ! :)

      Delete
  2. I love them - well done the two of you. I'm inspired to have a go myself at them to sell for Children in Need where I work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea - I never thought of adding ears after the cookies have been cooked. Whenever I try to make various shapes, I always try to shape them prior to cooking and this always ends up with interesting (and unexpected!) results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed ! Or the small bits burn because they cook quicker than the larger sections !

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...