Wednesday 17 October 2012

bottlegreen Raspberry & Grapefruit Cordial review


When bottlegreen asked me if I'd like to try out their new limited edition flavour, I was very enthusiastic - we've already reviewed several varieties of their drinks and cordials and we've always loved them. In particular, I have fond memories of buying some of their fizz as an alcohol-free alternative to champagne for New Year's Eve when I was pregnant. Then I glanced at the flavour combination and must admit I had a moment of doubt - raspberry and grapefruit didn't strike me as two flavours that I would have put together.

I should have trusted them though, it actually works really well. When you drink it, you get a lovely burst of sweet raspberriness in your mouth and, after you swallow, you get a very slight tartness from the grapefruit to give it an edge and stop it being overly sweet. It's a lovely refined taste that appeals to grown-ups as a more sophisticated verion of squash, but the Madhouse Mini-testers also gave it a unanimous thumbs up (unfortunately for me !).

It's best served with very cold water - either still or sparkling - or over ice, but it also makes a lovely refreshing drink if you add a splash to white wine or champagne, as a lovely twist on the classic kir cocktail that is made with blackcurrant liqueur and bubbly.

The only bad news is that this is a limited edition so you may have trouble finding it, especially as it is only available in Waitrose. You can, however, cast your vote on the bottlegreen website to try to convince them to make it into a permanent addition to the range. I've just gone and added my "yes" vote !

star rating : 5/5

RRP : £3.15 

for more information : http://www.bottlegreendrinks.com

Disclosure : I received a bottle of bottlegreen in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :


4 comments:

  1. I really love Bottlegreen Elderlower cordial so will be giving it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh sounds lovely, I will have to give it a go! Luckily I have a Waitrose nearby ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the elderflower cordial, but am a bit iffy about grapefruit sometimes. My mother in law buys the Bottle Green cordials often so I'm sure I'll get to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...