Monday 8 October 2012

Book review : Understanding Your Rabbit's Habits - Tamsin Stone



When Tamsin Stone contacted me to ask if I'd like to review her book about understanding your rabbit's behaviour, I jumped at the chance. We have always thought that out albino dwarf rabbit Charlie was a raving lunatic because he likes to lay on his back with all four legs in the air, giving me a heart attack that he's died every time I come across him in this position ! Well, one of the pages in the book has a series of diagrams of progressively more relaxed positions for rabbits to rest in. It turns out he's not a nutcase at all, he's just incredibly chilled out ! Awww sorry Charlie, all those years I've being telling everyone you're a crazy bunny and it's all totally unfounded!



But that wasn't the only interesting rabbit fact that I discovered as I flicked through the pages. The book is A4 sized and only 48 pages long with lots of black and white illustrations all the way through, so it's ideal for children (from tweens onwards) who want to learn more about their pet rabbit and what its behaviour means. I've had rabbits ever since I was a kid and I still had lots of "oooh I didn't know that" and "ahh so that's why he does that" moments. Sophie read it from cover to cover and kept pointing out interesting nuggets of information that she'd come across.


Tamsin certainly knows her stuff, which is hardly surprising when you read her biography on the back of the book. As well as always keeping rabbits since her childhood, including Scamp, a 4-year-old European wild rabbit that she handreared from a week old, she runs the most popular UK advice forum for rabbit owners and also set up a rabbit adoption network called Rabbit Rehome.

You can find out more about her and her bunny-related activities on her blog www.therabbithouse.com.

It's quite pricey for a 47-page book but that's always the downside of small publishers and you should be able to get a lower price on amazon.

Disclosure : I received a copy of the book in order to write an honest review.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £9.99


  • Paperback: 47 pages
  • Publisher: T-Squared; 1st edition (31 Aug 2011)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0954350022
  • ISBN-13: 978-0954350024
  • Product Dimensions: 29.2 x 20.6 x 0.8 cm





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...