Wednesday 10 October 2012

Bomb Cosmetics Mint Choc Chip Shower Butter review



When Amazon got in touch to ask if I'd like to review something from their extensive product range for National Chocolate Week, I clicked through to see their suggestions, thinking "bang goes my diet" ! But I needn't have worried actually. They DO have a wide range of chocolates available but they also have numerous other chocolate-themed items on their virtual shelves, from tea to nail polish and face masks ! I opted to try out the calorie-free Mint Choc Chip Shower Butter.

When it arrived, I knew it reminded me of something but it took me a moment to realise that I'd actually reviewed one of the other Bomb Cosmetics shower products in the past. (You can read that review here.)

I was surprised to see on the Amazon product page that several customers were complaining about the cardboard packaging. Personally, I love it. It really looks like an ice cream tub, adding to the quirky illusion of having a shower with ice cream, and it's waxed cardboard so it puts up with a lot of splashing and wet hands touching the pot. I also think it's a more eco-friendly option than the plastic pot they also have on the product write-up (which is presumably what they used to use).

The product itself is gorgeous. The shea butter leaves your skin really soft and moisturised and the shower butter really does smell of mint choc chip ice cream. It's refreshing, invigorating and makes you think of lazy summer days which is guaranteed to put a smile on your face.

I was also impressed with the low price tag. It currently retails at just over £5, making it ideal as a stocking stuffer for tweens and teens. (What am I saying ? I'll be 40 in a fortnight and I love it too !)

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £5.26







Disclosure : I received a tub of Mint Choc Chip Shower Butter in order to write an honest review.

Other reviews you may be interested in :


Nature's Finest Cosmetics review






6 comments:

  1. Happy 40th Birthday, hope I'm the first to wish you that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Hey, I'm still in my thirties for another 2 weeks !!! ;-) Thanks though ! :)

      Delete
  2. Is it possible that you can put on weight by using this? lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure if I'd want to try this as if it smells good I might want to eat it ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...