Monday 1 October 2012

Green People Organic Children Sticky Hand Sanitiser review




When Green People asked me if I'd like to try out their “outstanding, multi-tasking Sticky Hand Sanitiser”, I thought they were overdoing the hyperboles a bit, but then I noticed that they'd just won Gold in the Bizzie Baby 2012 Awards so I let them off ! I sat back and waited for the postie to arrive so I could give it a thorough testing and see if I was equally wowed.

I was surprised to see that it comes out a foam – Pierre thought this was great fun, and much more exciting than the usual sanitising liquid sprays or gels that we have tried in the past so he was less reticent about having his face and hands cleaned. A quick squirt is all that's needed to get dirty and sticky hand clean and germ-free – it rubs into skin quickly and leaves no residue – but it also works very well if you spray it onto a tissue and use it to clean up sticky faces. It managed to deal with ice cream moustaches and chocolate streaks as well as dribbled lollipop stickiness with no problem at all.

But that's not all ! The blurb says that it can also be used on high chairs and toys (making it ideal for use in restaurants on their often-less-than-clean high chairs) so when Pierre bit into a peach and dribbled juice all down his trousers on a recent day out, I decided to see if the mousse would manage to get rid of that too. I was impressed to see that it did, totally removing the stain and stickiness, leaving a damp patch that soon dried out revealing totally clean trousers. For that alone, it's constantly in my handbag because – let's face it ! - it's not just the kids who manage to occasionally miss their mouths or drip ketchup down their fronts !

Like all Green People products, it is a gentler, more natural alternative to many hand sanitisers on the market, using tea tree extract for its antiseptic qualities rather than a synthetic chemical, and it is also Certified Organic with Fairtrade ingredients.

Each 100ml bottle contains 200 squirts making it pretty good value, despite a price tag higher than many other hand sanitisers.

Star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £9.45 for 100ml (currently £7.45 on the Green People website)


Disclosure : I received a bottle of hand sanitiser in order to write an honest review.



Other reviews you may be interested in :

Green People Organic Children Lavender Bath & Shower Wash review



1 comment:

  1. this looks great to have in your bag but quite expensive!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...