Thursday 7 June 2012

Schwartz review #17 : Creamy Chicken & Basil Linguine


I couldn't decide what to cook for dinner yesterday so I opened the cupboard to look for inspiration. I was very chuffed to see that I had all the ingredients necessary for trying out the Schwartz Creamy Chicken & Basil Linguine that we had received along with all the other Limited Edition Summer recipes that I told you about here. I hastily assembled everything we needed - chicken breast (I actually used turkey as it was what we had), broccoli (from the freezer - I would have preferred fresh but, again, it was what I had to hand), cherry tomatoes (a fabulous trio pack with three different types - the kids loved the yellow ones !), milk, parmesan, spaghetti and the sachet of Schwartz sauce mix.


The first job was frying the turkey and broccoli for about ten minutes. I also put the spaghetti on to cook.


When that was almost done, I started preparing the sauce, stirring the contents of the pack into some milk.


Constantly stirring it over a gentle heat, it thickened up really quickly and I was impressed to see that it didn't go lumpy at all.


All that's left to do is drain the pasta and stir it into the sauce, adding the broccoli, turkey and halved cherry tomatoes. A generous sprinkle of parmesan and it's ready to serve.

This actually reminds me of the pasta concoction I often knock up using the leftover meat and vegetables from the Sunday roast, but the basil sauce gives it a lovely lift. The broccoli and tomatoes make it visually appealing and the turkey adds some nice texture. It's totally simple, really quick, just needs things you're likely to have in the cupboard and freezer and the whole family loved it. Can't say fairer than that !

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : 99p for 35g


Disclosure : We received five packets of Schwartz spice mixes in order to try them out and write honest reviews.
 
Other blogposts you may be interested in :
  


4 comments:

  1. That looks delish - will try it out on my parents next time they stay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! and It's good to know that it did not go lumpy at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really tasty, I use a lot of Schwartz products so will give this a try

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...