Monday 2 April 2012

Easter at Clintons review


When Clintons got in touch to ask if I'd like to review a selection of their Easter products, I was intrigued to see what they'd have on offer as it's not the first shop that comes to mind for Easter. They don't sell Easter eggs and not many people send Easter cards so what could they have to offer ? Well, here's what the postie delivered.




A lovely straw basket containing the Easter goodies that will be perfect for Easter egg hunting. It's quite plain so is perfect for customising with ribbons, fake flowers, feathers and anything else that you can think of. It only costs £1.99 so it's perfect as a cheap and useful Easter crafts project to keep the kids entertained during the school holidays.
As is this straw hat, priced £2.49, which is just begging to be made into a funky Easter bonnet to match the basket. (Speaking of Easter bonnets, I still remember an Easter bonnet competition at primary school. My mum made a hat with chips and bacon and eggs made out of foam rubber (which came out of an old sofa cushion, as far as I can remember !). As it was left on the table while the glue was drying, the dog took it and ran off down to the bottom of the garden to eat it ! I guess it must have looked realistic then !!)

If you're lacking inspiration (or time !), you can buy these cute little chicks for £1.49, which are absolutely ideal for decorating the basket and bonnet. You could also use them as decorations for Easter cupcakes or hide them in the garden so that the kids get an extra surprise when they go hunting for their eggs !

 If you want to get more hands-on with the decorating, these mini "Make Your Own Foam Chicks" crafts kits (costing £1.99) are ideal for keeping the kids amused. The finished chicks could be used on Easter bonnets, as table decorations or stuck onto Easter cards.


 You can also buy "Make Your Own Foam Puppet" kits for the same great price (£1.99) which will be another way of keeping the kids entertained for a while.



Now, as I mentioned in my opening paragraph, I never thought of Clintons as a place for buying sweet treats but they do have some chocolatey gifts and treats on offer. They have Chick/ Bunny chocolate cakes for £2.49 each that look very impressive and that would make a lovely Easter gift for a loved one if you want to give something more original than the traditional egg.
 

They also have Lindt chocolates that are perfect to go with the baskets for Easter egg hunts -you can choose between the Mini Lindt Bunny set for £2.59 or the Easter-themed Lindt Bunny & Friends milk chocolates for £4.99. As well as looking mightily cute, they taste delicious !


As you'd expect from Clintons, they also have a range of Easter cards including these cute and funky patchwork-style ones. The Easter cards start from as little as £1 and there are also a selection of charity cards available.


You may remember some of the gorgeous Boofle products that we reviewed for Valentine's Day here. Well, the cute doggie is back in all his Easter finery on these gift bags, which are ideal for hiding Easter eggs in the garden or simple wrapping any other non-chocolatey gifts that you may be offering this Easter.

Clintons may not be the first shop you think of when stocking up for Easter but they do have a lot on offer and I have to say, I'm very impressed at the low prices and the crafts supplies.

They even have some money saving Easter deals :
  • 10 cards for £1 - with 10p donation to the Marie Curie Charity
  • 3 for 2 on Easter craft kits
  • 3 for 2 on Lindt chocolates
  • Save £1 on Special Little Cakes, now £2.49

for more information :  http://www.clintoncards.co.uk/easter

Other reviews you may be interested in :


5 comments:

  1. Some great ideas from Clintons! Would never have thought to look in there if i hadnt have read this to be honest!

    Must have a browse now! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the craft kits, inexpensive too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the make your own Easter chicks from foam and all my four loved them! I always get my children to make Easter cards for their grandparents and aunts and uncles!!! I have a lots of craft items at home so my kids personalised them with glitter pens and sequins too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is the first year I've ever received an Easter card, which was from my neighbour as thank you for some knitted Easter chicks I made for her. When I think Easter, I definitely don't think of Clintons. Although having looked at some of the things you've talked about, I'm intrigued to go in the next time I'm near one. Particularly liking the basket and those mini chicks, adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea Clinton's sold all these things, it's definitely worth popping in to have a look because they are also reasonably priced

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...