Tuesday 25 October 2011

Nailene Ultra Adhesive Tabs review



 
I've reviewed several Nailene products in the past that have been sent all the way across from America. We tried out their nail art stickers (here) and their funky nails (here).You may have noticed my Official Nailene Tester badge in my side bar. But this time, I was sent a new product that has hit the shops in the UK : Nailene Ultra Adhesive Tabs.



I must admit that one of the things that slightly worried me about using stick-on nails was not being able to get them off at the end without damaging my real nails underneath. I read a few horror stories online about people totally ripping off their real nails after having their nails done at nail bars (not when using Nailene nails, I hasten to add). But the Nailene nails come off with no problem at all, just by soaking them in acetone polish remover. You must make sure your nail varnish remover isn't acetone free (our usual one is) or it won't work ! This is a bit time consuming but you should never break or peel off the false nails because this could cause damage underneath. But there's a new product that makes it all a whole lot easier.

 
The clever new Ultra Adhesive Tabs make putting on and, above all, taking off the nails a total breeze. Nailene explain : “Hot off the shores of the US, these clever tabs are selling fast (sales are up over 500%) in the UK, as word has spread amongst savvy beauty junkies that you can apply them to get delectable nails in a matter of seconds. Designed with a new technology, these acetone-free, glue-free, stick-on tabs come with a peel off sheet, making them easy to apply straight to your own nails with minimal fuss or mess.”



The tabs are designed to be worn for anywhere between 5 hours and 5 days and when you want to take off the nails, you just slide them up towards your fingertips and roll off the adhesive. They're water-resistant so you don't have to worry about washing your hands 'although it could be a good excuse for not doing the washing-up for a few days !) They made me less worried about accidentally snapping off a nail and breaking my real nail underneath so for peace of mind and ease of use, I'll definitely be using them every time I decide to wear fake nails.

Star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £2.49 for 24 tabs in 6 different sizes

available from Boots, Superdrug, Tesco and Asda

for more information : http://www.nailene.com/

Other reviews you may be interested in :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...