Sunday 26 June 2011

B Record Plus energy supplement review

When I saw a call-out recently for mummy bloggers to trial a new liquid supplement designed to give them a much-needed energy boost, my curiosity was piqued so I went to have a look but I was sure it wouldn't be suitable for me. Since my first pregnancy, I've had a problem with high blood pressure so taking a huge shot of caffeine is not a good idea. I'm also always wary of the crash-and-burn effect that I half expect when taking a quick fix energy drink, worrying that I'll feel even more tired once the initial effects wear off.

But - hallelujah !! - B Record Plus isn't like all those other energy drinks out there. They explain that it is "the only liquid food supplement to provide a unique blend of four key amino acids and vitamin B-12, designed to help sustain energy, overcome fatigue and improve concentration and intellectual performance". These micronutrients help to boost your metabolism and give you more energy. It contains no caffeine at all and, unlike many energy drinks, doesn't have a horrible aftertaste. It's very very sweet but it comes in a tiny bottle so in one gulp, it's gone !

Unlike caffeine-packed energy drinks, it's not designed to give you an instant and short-lived energy rush - this is meant to be a more long term solution. You should take one 10ml bottle every morning on an empty stomach and - although you should start to feel results after two or three days - you should continue taking them for ten days for best effects, although you can carry on after this period if you wish.

I have to admit, I came to this trial as an open-minded sceptic, hoping it would work but not really expecting it to. As a teacher, I'm in the end-of-year mad rush at the moment and the kids are going loopy as they get more and more excited about the impending holidays, so I've been coming home from work feeling absolutely shattered every day. On top of this, Pierre has gone through a phase of waking up (and waking us up, yelling "Muuuuummmmm" at the top of his voice) at 5am so I've been feeling tired when getting out of bed too, which I hate.

Well, the first couple of days I didn't really notice any difference but I have to say, after three days I did start to feel less exhausted. I'd sit down in the evening after getting the kids off to bed and think "right, what shall I do now ? TV, book or blog ?" whereas usually, I would just veg out in front of the TV because I'd be too tired to do anything else.

The people behind B Record Plus say that it’s recommended for people who need an extra energy boost and is ideal for:
· Busy mums
· Mothers recovering from having a baby
· People moving house
· People sitting exams
· People recovering from an injury
· Business people working under intense pressure
It’s also suitable for people over 12 years of age.

Despite my intial scepticism, I have actually been pleasantly surprised by how much extra energy I seem to have since taking a daily dose of B Record Plus - although obviously, it could be a total coincidence ! It will be interesting to see if the effects continue after the ten days are up and I stop taking them, but it's definitely something I'll use from time to time in really busy periods when I have an extra workload such as parent-teacher evenings or exam marking.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £12.99 for 10 x 10ml

for more information : http://www.brecordplus.com/

Other reviews you may be interested in :

4 comments:

  1. I always wonder about supplements and if they are really necessary but it's interesting its helped you out in your busy schedule :) I've usuallly believe in fruit and exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often look at the numerous supplements in Chemists and wonder if they do any good. I'm please to hear that this one appears to be good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tried this on my blog too. I liked that it was so easy to take and tasted pleasant. I feel it did give me more energy while I was taking it, but haven't noticed a lasting benefit - have you?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...