Tuesday 31 May 2011

Toffee Dodgers review


If you ask any grown-up to name their top five childhood biscuits, I can almost guarantee (at least if they're as old as me !) that they'll name Party Rings, Jammie Dodgers, Toffee Pops, Pink Wafers and Iced Gems, just not necessarily in that order. Well, how excited was I when I was asked if I'd like to try out the new biscuit from Burton's called Toffee Dodgers ?! It's like a cross between Jammie Dodgers and Toffee Pops - wowee !

But it's not just me being all nostalgic that loves the concept - the kids loved them too. Pierre munched away happily saying "mmmm" and rubbing his tummy appreciatively. Sophie and Juliette said that they were even yummier than the usual strawberry Jammie Dodgers. High praise indeed !

As a mum, I love the fact that the kids can enjoy eating a gooey sticky toffee treat with minimum mess because it's sandwiched between two biscuits. It's a great alternative to chocolate coated biscuits too, which are a messy nightmare in the hot summer months.

The new Toffee Dodgers join the Original Jammie Dodgers on the shelves and if you're really quick, there's also a limited edition Choccie Dodgers, supposedly available until June 2011 exclusively in Tesco's but so tasty (we've tried those too !) that I'm convinced they'll make them a permanent fixture. (Or maybe that's just wishful thinking !)

star rating : 5/5

RRP : £1.15 for a 140g pack

Other reviews you may be interested in :

11 comments:

  1. I could scoff a packet of those now, nom nom :P x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the sort of person who never eats more than half a dozen biscuits a year, but saw these at half price when the tv camera crew came, so bought a packet, and they didnt eat any, so I had to eat some ( hard job) and they were so so yummy, nice crunchy bits in with the biscuit, not overly keen on the actually toffee in the middle, but would defo buy them again if on special, but not a full price. ate the packet in 2 days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. these would be great, i loved all the biscuits you mentioned - will definately be getting a pack of these with my shopping this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will definately be keeping a look out for the choccie dodgers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are ok but you really cant beat the original jammie ones !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was never really a fan of Jammie Dodgers because the biscuits always seem a bit cardboardy so I think I'd like the toffee in these but not much else (and I hate the tv adverts - they're creepy!).
    Iced Gems now - I used to love those!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard these were awful so i haven't wanted to try them LOL, but they actually sound quite nice! I could just eat them now actually, but i am on a diet :( boohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've munched my way through a packet of choccie dodgers from asda on my night shift the other night - very nice indeed, but was unsure if the toffee ones were going to be too sickly or not...time to give these ones a try i think now that ive read your review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found the toffee dodgers much too sweet, i'll stick with Jam, at one point they had lemon curd ones which my daughter loved, havnt seem them for a while now

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never seen these around! I'm going to look out at the supermarket specially cos they look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the jammy ones and thought the toffee ones sounded delicious BUT they are awful!! There is only a thin layer of this so called toffee that to me tasted more like coffee. I'll stick to the jammy ones in future.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...