Sunday 6 March 2011

Skin Wisdom Day Spa Bath & Beauty Products

When you're a busy working mum, it's almost impossible to find the time to thoroughly pamper yourself. Me-time for me usually means I've actually had the time to go to the toilet and have a shower uninterrupted and without having to yell answers to school homework from 9-year-old Sophie, existential questions from 6-year-old Juliette or queries about where the baby wipes/phone charger/remote control are from the Madhouse Daddy !

Well, I've just tucked the kids into bed and stepped into my own private spa ... in my very own bathroom ! I was sent a variety of products to try from the Skin Wisdom Day Spa range and they are so luxurious and beautifully-fragranced that I do feel thoroughly pampered. The range, which hit the shelves late last year, was developed by three of the UK's top spas (Glow, PURE and Kuno Tierra) in order to "to allow individuals to take a piece of the spa experience home with them". Well, as I've never set foot in a spa, I can't actually vouch for how authentic they are, but I can tell you that I love them.

The fragrances are totally unique and that is why the products seem so luxurious and indulgent to me. The range includes a variety of scrubs, moisturisers, shower and bath gels that come in four key fragrances : Gingerlilly and Orange (to gently revive), Rose and Geranium (Pure De-stress), Warm cinnamon and Fig (Truly Relaxing) and Vanilla & Neroli (Very Enriched). The fragrances are uterly delicious and very sophisticated.

I tried out two of the bath and shower gels - Gingerlilly & Orange and Warm cinnamon & Fig - and love them both, although I find them both equally relaxing. The clear plastic bottles show the delicately coloured gels within and look snazzy in your bathroom. The gels don't create a huge amount of lather but they leave your skin feeling clean, soft and beautifully fragranced. I also tried the Vanilla & Neroli wash & scrub which is divine - it exfoliates really well but isn't at all harsh or scratchy. Whoever said no pain, no gain, obviously hasn't tried out this range !

Out of the shower, I also tried the Vanilla & Neroli Body Crème, which is a luxuriously thick, ultra hydrating cream that will leave you with babysoft skin. Two things to bear in mind though - it takes a while to be fully absorbed by the skin so apply this in the evening when you have time to chill out, not first thing in the morning when you're in a mad rush to get out of the door. And secondly, the fragrance is lovely but quite strong so if you're planning on wearing perfume, you might want to save this for another time. I love smoothing it all over my skin before bed so the scent lingers as I drift off to sleep.

I received these products to review without knowing anything about the brand and there are two things that left me totally flabbergasted. The first is that they are all available at Tesco's (who worked with the three spas to create the range) and the second is the price - they are unbelievably cheap, with the most expensive product costing just over a fiver. At that price, you can certainly afford to add some well-earned pampering treats into your daily routine. Go on, you're definitely worth it !

star rating : 5/5

RRP : from £3.97 - £5.97

available from Tesco's

Other reviews you may be interested in :

1 comment:

  1. Thing is I like a good lather, I find that it makes me think I am clean. These do look snazzy though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...