Saturday 30 October 2010

New Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick


As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, when I reviewed their Lash Accelerator Mascara, I'm ecstatic to have been picked to be a Rimmel London VIP so I can regularly give you the lowdown on some of their latest offerings. Well, this time around, I received two of their new improved Lasting Finish lipsticks.

I received two shades to try  - Sweetie, which is a vibrant pink, and Coffee Shimmer, which - as you would expect with a name like that - is a brown, but there are 20 shades available in total. I have to say, maybe it's the resolution of my laptop (or the sticky smears on the screen because the kids have been playing on Club Penguin while I sorted out the laundry !) but the online colour guide really doesn't do them justice. The colours are really bold and vibrant and instantly add a splash of colour to your face, even if you don't have time to put on full make up.

I was amazed at how quickly and easily the lipstick went on, giving fabulous coverage and a vibrant colour with just one coat.The shimmery, almost glittery, sheen means that the light really plays on your lips which is great news if you're a busy mum with huge bags under your eyes from lack of sleep because everyone's eyes will be drawn to the light sparkling on your lips instead of your less flattering facial features !

Now that the chilly autumn weather is here and playing havoc with my skin, I've been constantly applying lip balm to my sore, dehydrated, almost chapped lips. I often feel I need to apply lipbalm underneath my lipstick too but as soon as I applied a coat of Lasting Finish Lipstick, my lips felt protected and moisturised, as if I'd just applied a balm in fact.

As the name suggests, Lasting Finish is designed to stay on for a long time. Rimmel say, "Lasting Finish Lipstick boasts an improved formula incorporating Colour Protect technology, enriched with 50% longer-wearing colour-boost pigments  for up to 25% more colour impact than traditional lipsticks. Intensity, smoothness, shines and an up to 8-hour staying power  – new Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick truly has it all !"

What I love is that, although it stays put (I only need to touch my lippie up once in my working day, usually after lunch, for it to look perfect all day long), it's easy to wipe off at the end of the day with a quick cleansing wipe. Despite all these great points, it's light on your pocket too, costing under a fiver ! I love it - it's quick to put on, quick to take off, only needs one coat and avoids the need for lip balm so that's a few minutes more that I've gained in my busy day. Thanks Rimmel !

*** STOP PRESS : If you get in quick (before 31st October so you'll have to get your skates on), you can request one of 10,000 totally free new Lasting Finish Lipsticks here ! *****

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £4.99

Other reviews you may be interested in :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...