Friday 11 December 2009

Miamoo Huggy Lotion (Baby Cream) - Naturally protects delicate skin



The first thing that leaps out at you is the lime-green sticker on the lid that states "NO parabens, petrochemicals, SLS, synthetic colour/fragrance or PEG's" - that's
Polyethylen Glycols, chemical nasties, not things you use to hang your washing up !

The second thing you notice is the little picture of two cows and the sentence "“hug me mummy, I feel soft and cuddly”. Awww very cute ! That goes nicely with the name of the product - huggy lotion - that sounds so much more snuggly and cuddly than the usual terms body lotion or baby cream.

While we're on the theme of "awww-factor", this would be a good time to explain the company name, Miamoo. Saira Khan, the creator of the whole range - who you might have seen on the first season of The Apprentice where she was a runner-up -named it after her niece Miya, whose nickname is Miyamoo. Nothing to do with cows then !

So what exactly is huggy lotion ? Well, according to the website description, it's "superhero protection for my delicate bits to help keep me extra snuggly”. Love it ! Seriously though, it's "a light non-greasy creamy lotion crammed with sweet almond oil and marshmallow extract to smooth over baby’s skin and leave it perfectly moisturised. The citrus aroma of orange blossom water freshens the skin and grapeseed oil, jojoba oil and Vitamin E leave it soft and conditioned. This is an excellent moisturiser for everyday use – no baby should leave home without it!"

Well, I have to admit, I wasn't all that keen on the smell the first time I smelt it, but that's just a matter of personal taste. Actually, I've just reapplied some to my hand and it smells nicer now - I think I wasn't expecting baby cream to smell as perfumed as this, but it's not bad. It reminds me of an organic face cream I tried a while ago, so I'm not at all surprised that the website says Mums can use it as well as babies. I really can't define what the fragrance is though, so you'll have to try it out for yourselves - sorry ! I wouldn't call it citrus though !

The pump-action dispenser is really handy and makes applying the cream one-handed and without getting it all over the bottle a breeze. It also means you can easily apply however much you need, unlike tubes where you invariably squeeze out way too much each time.

As they say in the write-up on the website, it really does sink into the skin and rub away to nothingness. There is absolutely no greasiness - unlike most creams I've tested, I didn't feel the need to go and wash my hands before typing my review ! -but the skin on my hands felt much smoother, softer, plumper and really well hydrated. Absolutely fabulous for the cold winter months.

As this can be used all over baby's body, including his face, as well as on Mum's skin, it's pretty much the only cream you'll need to buy for the winter months. It actually feels much more luxurious and nourishing than some of the more expensive creams I've tried for myself. I'll definitely be using it on my hands - it's made them feel so smooth and soft, despite them feeling rough and slightly chapped after taking the girls to school in cold wind and drizzle.

star rating : 4.5/5

RRP : £8 for 125ml

available in Boots, Waitrose, Ocado and NCT

for more information : http://www.miamoo.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...